Air Force Personnel Center Management Analyst in Randolph AFB, Texas
Any individual who completed all requirements for an associate, bachelor, master, professional, or doctorate degree from a qualifying educational institution within the previous two years
Any veteran released or discharged from active duty within the previous two years, but due to a military service obligation, was precluded from applying for a recent graduate position during any portion of the two-year eligibility period following completion of applicable degree, and not more than six years have transpired since completing the requirements for the degree.
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to gain valuable work experience? The Department of the Air Force offers challenging work and the satisfaction of knowing you've made a difference. We're offering you an exciting opportunity to gain "real world" experience as a Recent Graduate hired under the Central Salary Account (CSA).
Appointments under the Recent Graduates Program may be for 1 or 2 years depending on the position. After completing the 1 or 2 year period as a Recent Graduate, you may be noncompetitively converted into a term or permanent position and placed on a "career or career-conditional" appointment. However, service in a Pathways Recent Graduate Program confers no right to further employment in the competitive service.
Learn more about this agency
YOUR TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT COVERS:
- Participant Agreement
- Orientation program
- Mentorship throughout the Program
- Individual Training & Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program and Opportunity for career advancement
- Opportunity for career advancement
AFTER PROGRAM COMPLETION:
- Recent Graduates who are selected for conversion must have:Completed all requirements of the program successfully
- Demonstrated successful job performance consistent with the applicable performance appraisal program
- Met the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) qualification standard for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
- Assist senior technicians in planning, developing, and conducting organizational structure, workforce staffing/utilization, and/or space utilization studies or portions of studies of the serviced organization(s), to improve and simplify processes and maximize resources utilization
- Knowledge of management engineering principles, concepts, and methodologies and basic financial management directives, concepts, procedures, guidance, and policy
- Assist in conducting work measurement, methods and procedures, manpower requirements utilization, and/or engineered time standard studies
- Knowledge and skill to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, devise solutions to problems, and identify change and trends
- Skill in conducting interviews with supervisors and employees to obtain information about organizational missions, functions, and work procedures
- Conduct competitive sourcing studies, management surveys and/or research projects
- Skill in applying analytical and evaluate techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature
- Perform internal management support services in the areas of program cost monitoring, annual fiscal planning (Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) System cycle, etc.), and development of annual work plan(s) for organization(s) of limited scope.
- Ability to access or locate information through the use of personal computer and software programs
- Assist senior analysts in providing guidance in managing the Performance Management Program
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to gain cooperation from others through tact, courtesy, and diplomacy
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Management
Conditions of Employment
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Must sign a mobility agreement
- Must sign a participant agreement
- A security clearance may be required
- You will be in a trial period throughout your entire Pathways appointment
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Pathways Guidelines. You can also visit: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.aspfor additional qualification standards.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
FOREIGN EDUCATION:Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, who are 18 but not yet 26 years old, must be registered with the selective service system (or have an exemption) to be eligible for federal employment. For additional information or to register, click here.
Selective Service:Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here**.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):** Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register:This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit:All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM (SLRP) MAY BE OFFERED FOR ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
If qualified, we will then place you in one of the three categories described below:
- Best-qualified category: Master's or a Bachelor's degree with overall GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Highly-qualified category: Bachelor's degree with overall GPA between 2.95-3.49
- Qualified category: Associate's degree AND one year (12 months) of work experience in analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of line program operations; developing life cycle cost analyses; performing cost benefit evaluations of projects or automated equipment; advising on the distribution of work; analyzing new or proposed legislation or regulations for their impact on a program; and developing new or modified administrative policies or regulations. This experience MUST be equivalent to at least the GS-05 level in Federal service, which could have been obtained in the private or public sectors.
Applicants in the Best-qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for further review. Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes: 1. Your resume 2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire as part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: 3. Additional required documents (see Required Documents section below)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources* WILL NOT*modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are REQUIRED and MUST BE submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
- Current Resume - For qualifications determination, your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
- Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable; however, if selected, official transcripts are required).
- Veteran's Preference documentation: DD214, VA letter, SF-15 if claiming 10 point preference, if applicable
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD-214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of "veteran" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their initial application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 04/20/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10186166
To begin the process, click the Apply Onlinebutton to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Applicationbutton at the end of the process. If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10186166
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
AF Force Renewal 550 C Street West JBSA Randolph, TX US
Learn more about this agency
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496478100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/16/2018 to 04/20/2018
Salary: $41,365 to $53,773 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent