Sirius Computer Solutions Accounting Manager - Revenue in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0134
Title Accounting Manager - Revenue
City San Antonio
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today
The primary responsibilities will include the day-to-day leadership of the Revenue Accounting team and driving business innovation and improvement. This includes monitoring, coordinating and facilitating activities for Sirius Revenue Accounting, management reporting and internal reporting review and analysis, operational metrics, fulfilling ad-hoc reporting requirements, as well as any other duties necessary to support the company. The person in this role will use their knowledge of the order process as it relates to the organization to assist with the development, planning and implementation of the Sirius revenue strategy and influence organizational change.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will NOT preclude it from the position.
• Oversees the daily workload for the team, prioritizing where appropriate to ensure accuracy and that all deadlines are met:
• Records and classifies transactions in accordance with GAAP
• Review monthly reports for accuracy
• Prepares, reviews and approves Journal Entries
• Provides guidance to the team using knowledge of systems, analytical skills, and understanding of the general ledger
• Manages Revenue & Cost Recognition activity and ensures that Sirius meets standards and requirements
• Supports revenue and cost recognition for all areas of the company including but not limited to product, Managed Services, Technology-as-a-Service, International Services Cost Center, and Cloud businesses
• Translates learning and experience into practical and scalable solutions
• Drives improvements/best practices
• Identifies processes causing reporting issues and/or challenges, formulates recommendations, and takes action to update the process
• Assists with M&A activities for the Services business
• Participates in testing/implementation of new systems, upgrades and enhancements
• Ensures responses to inquiries in an accurate and timely manner
• Mentors and develops employees to broaden their skills and help them reach their personal career objectives
• Hires, trains, coaches, develops, and appraises staff effectively, taking corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy
• Other duties and projects as needed to support the team
• Participates in special projects including but not limited to initial project evaluation
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/or Accounting
• At least 5 years experience in an accounting or financial capacity, to include at least 3 years managerial experience
Other Required Qualifications:
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures, including ability to interpret GAAP or related accounting specifications and understanding of the sales order process flow interactions with the general ledger
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems, principles, practices and procedures, including GL research ability using an advanced ERP application
• Demonstrated knowledge of the entire professional services project lifecycle, including contracts, order processing, billing and fulfillment/delivery logistics
• Demonstrated understanding of database structure, and the ability to develop and implement database queries
• Proven analytical skills
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate and work with business leaders and other levels within the organization
• Demonstrated experience using advanced features in spreadsheet software applications
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish work requiring a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and develop high performing teams and to plan and coordinate timely accomplishments of responsibilities
• Demonstrated organization and follow-up skills with the ability to be productive under pressure in a fast-paced team environment and to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and results-oriented in an environment of frequently changing demands
• Ability to balance the needs of the staff with the necessary business requirements
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information
Other Desired Qualifications:
• MBA or CPA
• Hands-on experience with ASC606 revenue and associated costs accounting
• Technology, Big Four, consulting or other similar industry experience
• International business and transfer pricing experience
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.