FirstService Residential Community Manager in San Antonio, Texas
Provides management, direction, and leadership to ensure the property portfolio is maintained and operated in accordance with Company objectives. Responsibilities include working closely with the Board of Directors and/or the developer to manage and operate the community, facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff. Strong management skills, customer service skills and time-management skills are required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides five-star customer service at all times by attending to all calls and messages timely, no later than 24 hour hours. Responsible for overall quality of services provided to the Association.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of state regulatory agency statutes and the community's documents, policies and procedures.
- Supervises and oversees projects performed by Service Specialist.
- Uses discretion to provide leadership and direction to effectively manage relationships with other business groups, ensuring a high level of service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
- Acts as intermediary with owner/residents and all other staff to assist in prompt response to questions/problems.
- Checks call logs twice per day for open calls that need attention.
- Conducts property visits as required by contract to ensure compliance of community documents are upheld. Processes violations and closes them out. Processes work orders and close them out.
- Communicates with BOD regularly by either weekly personal contact or telephone. Thereby, establishing a personal relationship with the Board.
- Attends Board meetings and provides specific assistance to Board in financial management, administration, policies and procedures, property infrastructure, organization, litigation processes, property collections, maintenance and mechanical procedures.
- Creates a management report, which depicts the actual condition of and common areas, buildings, progress of specific projects and makes clear and concise recommendations. Prepares professional presentation of reports, budgets, bids, etc.
- Develops and submits complete and accurate annual budget(s), meeting all deadlines and demonstrating thorough analysis and consideration for the goals of the asset as well as market conditions.
- Prepares a bid comparison analysis spreadsheet for vendor contracts.
- Ensures property improvement and other construction related projects are completed on time and within budget by effectively overseeing all construction projects.
- Obtains and maintains all service, maintenance and access control contracts.
- Reviews/assists the obtaining and financing of all required insurance coverage.
- Monitors reserve funds to insure they are being used in accordance with BOD and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible submitting and approving all community invoices, assigning GL codes and gaining approval for payment of same.
- Monitors aging report and ensures timely legal action regarding collections and any other legal matters before the association.
- Manages resident's relationships to ensure a high level of service including timely and complete resolution of resident concerns, coordinating special events and services, requests and conducts formal and informal inspections.
- Initiates contact with the new home owners, provides an introduction and orientation to the management team and community, reviews available services, and explains the rules and regulations.
- Updates Association Communication -- Updates association info boards, prepare association newsletter and/or other communication with owners and residents.
- Host and attend all annual budget/election meetings.
- Organizes time effectively and successfully balances the competing demands of multiple projects.
- Ensures that all records are kept in good order.
- Facilitates committee meetings and acts as liaison to committee members per board instruction.
- Attends all manager staff meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
- Supports the Company's philosophy, goals and adheres to Company policies.
- Observes all safety standards and participates in the Company's efforts to provide safe work environment.
Indirectly supervises Service Specialist
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Community Association Manager License desired.
- 3-5 years' experience in residential condo/coop property management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently.
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; confident in making presentations to all levels.
- Ability to supervise staff and make necessary management decisions in a timely matter.
- Strong problem solver in critical situations. Must also display sound judgment in knowing when to contact other professionals.
- Must have be organized, flexible, adaptable and consistent.
- Knowledge of the project management process. Multi-task oriented.
- Proven critical thinking skills.
- Ability to lead and work with others in achieving tight deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled