Valero Community Relations & Communications Intern (Summer 2018) in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Are you ready to join the world’s largest independent refiner? Valero is on the search for energetic and motivated students to join the Valero Intern Program. The internship program has an opening for a Community Relations & Communications Intern who is ready for new and exciting challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Assists the Community Relations, Events and Corporate Communications departments.
- Possible involvement with coordination of employee and volunteer events, daily operation of the Valero Foundation, large scale special events for Valero employees, such as United Way Campaign, Holiday party, Family Day and Valero Texas Open.
- Assists with media relations by compiling media lists, writing news releases, researching, editing internal memos, letters, stories and articles.
- Assists with answering inquires internal employees and external visitors send through company’s intranet and Internet sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Business or related major required.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale preferred.
- Obtained at least 60 credit hours by the start of internship required.
- Graduation dates of August 2018 through May 2020 required.
- Able to work 40 hours per week during the Summer required.
Please include the following in your resume: Overall GPA and Major - Expected Graduation Date
About the Valero Intern Program
Come and be a part of an engaging, fast-paced and meaningful internship! Valero’s Intern Program gives students a chance to turn their knowledge into hands-on experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn from the industry’s best through a formal mentor program, as they take on real-world projects. As a Valero Intern, you will be invited to visit Valero’s Headquarters for the annual Intern Symposium. Symposium is a three-day conference full of guest speakers, professional development sessions, and fun-filled events. The Valero Intern Program is more than a line item on your resume – it will prepare you for your future career.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Req ID: 1800148