ManTech COMSEC Manager II in San Antonio, Texas
COMSEC Manager II
The COMSEC Security Managers primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities. The COMSEC Security Managers must be familiar with COMSEC requirements and procedures to include the acquisition, maintenance, operations and disposition of COMSEC equipment.
Performance shall include:
• Conduct secure equipment (e.g., secure telephone and encryption devices) and classified keying material inventories, inspections and other COMSEC related support and oversight functions
• Perform installation of secure telephone equipment (STE) and coordinate to deliver encryption device(s) and keying material to select Information Technology (IT) specialist maintaining classified networks
• Administer a Top Secret inventory and document control program to account for COMSEC equipment and materials
• Conduct inventories per agency policy and reports any discrepancy to government customer
• Courier classified information and authors receipt for classified materials
• Enforce compliance with Air Force COMSEC standards by team members by providing security education and training on operating procedures
• Ensure Automated Information Systems Security requirements, related to COMSEC duties, are complied with
• Ensure proper physical security accreditation has been issued by designated Program Security Officers for supported facilities
• Train personnel in COMSEC procedures and the use of related equipment
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for Team Members
• 5 - 7 years related experience
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience (4 years)
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Must have a strong understanding of COMSEC accountability as well as knowledge of the procedures required for the issue and receipt of COMSEC equipment and materials to include inventory and mailing Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
Some moderate lifting required (approximately 25 – 40 pounds)
Requires Bachelor's degree (in field mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science) or equivalent and five to seven years experience with information networks and the security aspects.
Years of Experience
05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.