USAA Financial Analyst Senior in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Senior Financial Analyst for our San Antonio, TX (WestRidge South) facility.
This role will be responsible for MBM reporting for USAA business units.
Routinely, guides and facilitates cross functional teams. Teaches and mentors others about simple to moderately complex financial processes. Proven ability to use financial principles to solve complex business problems through one or more of the following activities: forecasts/plans, modeling scenarios, income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability management.
- Guides and facilitates cross-functional teams: performing financial forecast and plans, modeling scenarios, and performing financial modeling for USAA business units.
- Applies advanced knowledge to lead a financial process or financial category that may include: income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability management.
- Acts as a key resource and valued business partner, providing informed, proactive financial analysis with fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives that will enable better decision making by senior management.
- Routinely interacts with senior management becoming their trusted advisor on financial issues. Makes recommendations to solve day-today, as well as strategic financial business problems.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, services and processes.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of a complex nature.
- Teaches others about financial processes, drivers and systems ensuring information sharing and knowledge transfer to less experienced team members. Reviews the work of other analysts.
- Six plus years of financial / accounting analysis or related work experience OR Four years of financial / accounting analysis or related work experience with significant progress towards an advanced financial degree or designation (ex. Masters, CFA, CPA)
- Fluent in most major areas of financial management: income, expense, balance sheet, liquidity, risk, capital, pricing and economic modeling
- Advanced knowledge of relevant technical (accounting/finance) discipline
- Ability to successfully complete an analyst technical and cultural assessment
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics or a related field (or Four years of equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required).
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Master's Degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics or a related field, CFA, CPA
- Ability to compile, reconcile and verify budgets associated with expense management
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 04/22/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Financial Analyst Senior TX-San Antonio R0019976