Caterpillar, Inc. Maintenance Technician 1 - 2nd Shift - San Antonio, TX in San Antonio, Texas
Maintenance Technician 1 - 2nd Shift - San Antonio, TX
The purpose of this position is to perform the duties associated the maintenance of facilities and equipment that support the production of Caterpillar Diesel Engines. Maintenance Technicians report to Section Managers and will be assigned to areas within the business to meet customer and company demands.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing preventive and corrective maintenance on assembly equipment in production facilities building, in accordance with work orders and technical documentation as assigned in a timely manner
- Responding to service requests and work orders with limited supervision and direction without interrupting production facilities operations
- Within the guidelines of authorized Company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics, coordinates the activities, plans, and programs of the designated areas of responsibility
- Using CMMS-generated preventive maintenance worksheets to maintain production facilities machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommendations and good maintenance practices
- Under limited supervision, performing assigned preventive maintenance tasks and minor mechanical repairs to production facilities equipment
- Performing general building maintenance as directed, such as lamp replacement, simple construction, overhead doors, and plumbing
- With direct supervision, performing basic electrical preventive maintenance, to motors, lights, and electrical panels
- Operating and maintaining production and material-handling equipment, including but not limited to fork trucks, conveyors, robotic equipment, and related tools and equipment
- Lubricating production and material handling equipment in accordance with preventive maintenance schedules
- Organizing lubrication equipment and recommending changes to lubrication schedules. Submitting tools / requisitions for lubrication equipment to the appropriate supervisor
- Organizing and cleaning maintenance shop areas
- Requesting direction from more senior technicians for unclear or advanced tasks
- Maintaining a strong mechanical fundamental knowledge
- Striving to acquire the skills and knowledge of a Level II Maintenance Technician
- Submit and assist with the resolution of C.P.S. Continuous Improvement cards
- Proper use of safety equipment, such as harnesses, electrical safety gloves, glasses, and shields
- Previous maintenance experience in manufacturing setting.
Experience in production facilities assembly andmaterial-handling equipment
General understanding of Robotics technology andrelated systems where applicable
Understanding of lockout / tagout procedures
Good housekeeping habits and communicationskills
Proper use of safety equipment, such asharnesses, electrical safety gloves, glasses, and shields
Experience with basic hand and power tools in anindustrial setting
Understanding of mechanical theory, includingthe construction and operation of bearings, hydraulics, pneumatics, andconveyors
Mechanical knowledge of basic machines (pulleys,levers, etc.), pneumatics, hydraulics, gears, reducers, bearings, lubricationtheory, drive components (sheaves, sprockets, chain belts, take-ups), andequipment alignment. Knowledge of all phases of cutting and welding
HVAC experience preferred, including operationsand maintenance of industrial HVAC systems, chillers, and air handling units. Familiarwith CMMS software in order to receive PM work orders, request parts purchases,add and/or delete from inventory, etc.
General knowledge of lubrication theory andfundamentals
Must be a motivated self-starter with ability towork under limited supervision
Ability to function on a predetermined schedule,composed of manufacturer’s recommendations and environmental and personalobservations
Well-organized individual with good oral andwritten communication skills and ability to multi-task
Must be willing and able to climb above the shopfloor, and / or use a man-lift, as needed, to make repairs. The positionrequires repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting,standing, and walking.
Must be able to lift parts and toolsweighing 20 pounds, on average, and occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
Shift: 2nd , some projects may require to work on off shifts.
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location United States-Texas-San Antonio
Unposting Date: Apr 24, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Req ID: 180003TN