Elements Behavioral Health Counselor in Wimberley, Texas
The Counselor provides direct clinical services to clients including the development of treatment plans, individual, family or group or crisis counseling.
- Provides individual, family, group, and and/or crisis counseling and/or educational services to patients and their families.
- Manages an individual caseload of residential and/or IOP clients.conducts screening evaluations of new cases to determine treatment level and intervention needs;
- Maintains comprehensive clinical documentation that meets all state, commission and other agency guidelines.
- Interfaces with referral sources providing information and reports as appropriate.
- Assists the Utilization Review Specialist by assuring that clinical records contain comprehensive information needed to communicate with managed care companies for authorization of treatment.
- Works closely with other Program Coordinators and staff to ensure synergy throughout the departments in the facility, region and company.
- Participates in program development, staff training and staff meetings.Maintains a thorough knowledge of the therapeutic techniques and program policies and procedures;
- Maintains professional relations with and provides assistance to human services agencies, support groups, and other staff.
- Serves as a coordinator to facilitate and ensure communication, linkage, and continuing of care between patients and physicians, other organizational components, community resources, and service providers.
- Functions as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a manner that assists the team in achieving positive results.
- One (1) year of direct clinical care experience.
- Masters in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Family Therapy from an accredited institution or Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of clinical experience.
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) or other qualified credentialed counselor equivalent.
- Good computer skills, Word, e-mail, Internet, and ability to document case notes, on a daily basis, through electronic medical records programs.
- Work Experience with a 12 step program preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required for this position. If not CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire, certification must be obtained within the state mandated time frame after first day of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled